Tampa Negligent Security Attorney
Inadequate Security Lawsuits in Tampa
Negligent/inadequate security claims exist to hold property owners responsible for maintaining their property in a way that protects guests or customers. Bar fights, assaults, and avoidable dangerous conditions are just some of the kinds of claims our negligence attorneys can help you pursue if you’ve been injured on someone else’s property.
What Conditions are Necessary to Pursue a Negligence Lawsuit?
There are certain precautions that property owners are required to implement to protect you against known dangers. Failure to provide adequate lighting, security cameras, security guards and secured entries are just a few of the different types of security measures that can lead to a negligence lawsuit being filed.
If you have been the injured in an accident or been the victim of an attack or robbery that could have been prevented, contact our firm immediately to speak with an experienced Tampa negligent security attorney. If all of the following conditions exist, you may have a valid negligence claim against a property owner:
- Condition #1: A dangerous condition existed or potential danger was foreseeable (i.e. a history of prior crime on or near the premises).
- Condition #2: A property owner or a responsible party knew or should have known of that condition or potential danger.
- Condition #3: The property owner or responsible party failed to take reasonable steps to ensure your safety.
- Condition #4: You were injured as a result of this negligent security.
Negligent Security Compensation
If you have fallen victim to an injury caused by inadequate security, you should not have to pay for the consequences caused by a negligent property owner or responsible party.
Economic damages and non-economic damages, may be available to the injured party and/or their family. Examples of these damages include:
- Medical Expenses (hospital bills, physical or occupational therapy, transportation, and home care, etc.)
- Lost Wages
- Future Lost Wages
- Pain and Suffering (mental anguish, fear, anxiety, stress)
- Wrongful Death: If a family member has been killed as a result of inadequate security, you may have the right to file a wrongful death suit.
So before you try to go it alone, contact a Tampa negligent security attorney at the Baird Law Group for a free consultation or call us at 813-849-2679.