I was injured on private property, what do I do?

Premises Liability & Negligent Security

This area of personal injury claims in the Tampa Bay area and elsewhere in the State of Florida is called Premises Liability. What that means is the owner of the property did not do everything in their power to protect visitors from harm. This could mean a slip and fall, trip & fall, being injured due to faulty equipment or machinery, and even violence that occurs on the property in question.

What are some of the concerns you should be thinking about after you are injured on private or public property in the Tampa Bay area?

The injury itself
If you have suffered bodily injury on a property in Clearwater or St Petersburg, you may have the right to sue for damages. If you've been injured, you need to get medical attention right away as any kind of delay in doing so could hinder your ability to receive compensation. You will probably have doctor's visits and procedures, follow ups, medication to pay for, and so on

Missed wages due to your injury
If you have been injured severely enough, you may be out of work for some time or perhaps even long-term depending on the severity of the injuries. You could potentially have the right to request any sort of lost wages as a direct result of your injury.

Ongoing Medical Care
Depending on the severity and classification of the injury you sustained, you may be able to receive ongoing benefits. Every case is different, and we would need to consult with you on the merits of your case.

Let's wrap this up

The law outlines a complex system of responsibilities and requirements for property owners to provide a reasonable expectation of safety while visiting their property. If the owner has failed in their responsibility, you need to talk to a personal injury lawyer like Cory Baird of Baird Law Group in Tampa Florida. Cory has been advocating for and defending people from greedy insurance companies for the past 20 years. You need a qualified court experienced attorney in your corner to help you get the best compensation or judgment you can from the insurance company. We would love to give you some time and go over your case. Please give us a call to schedule a consultation.